Thursday, October 11, 2012

SORRY!!!!


Okay….so sorry about the long time no writing.  So my first plan for this blog post was to type, a piece I wrote during one of my classes that I couldn’t understand.  I’ve read it about a million times and have decided I might add some of it in, but it’s sad and though I’ve had my issues I want to talk about something upbeat!  Okay, so here we go.

                Okay so it has almost been 2 months since I have arrived in Japan.  Yes you read right! It’s hard to believe time seems to be flying, I was supposed to be changing host families today Oct. 7, 2012, but my next family bumped the date back!  My next host family has a daughter my age and a daughter who recently graduated from the school I’m going to.  The next family is soo sweet I am very lucky to be having many nice families!  So I’ve gone through some major homesickness, BUT I’ve finally have started not feeling it as much!
                So I love Japan, and yes I have had my moments where I just want to be home in America! I went to the zoo with my host family and saw a lot of animals!! I will be switching host families on the 21 and will be attending a wedding the Saturday before!  In Japan, though everyone is soo kind and very helpful!  I have started to become a “normal” Student! The teachers have started treating me just like any other student…finally!  I still LOVE my Math 1 class; the teacher is super nice, funny and helps me a lot!  I’m very grateful for this and every other conversation I’ve had with my teachers because they have been super nice, and patient with me!  I was in my health class the other day and the teacher told me to study, so I studied all my material and stopped, because there is only so much you can study! So I started drawing and writing French words!   Well the teacher decided to see what I was studying and he comes over to my desk and sees my drawing of a soccer goal (it was terrible just bored) and he freaks out! He starts speaking rapid Japanese that I didn’t understand!!  After the teacher finally left my desk one of girls had finally translated one of the sentences and he had said something about him being a really good soccer player!  That was exciting because I thought maybe just maybe sometime we will be able to just have a little soccer match!
J



Okay so that was it for blog section…next, I’m going to write some things.  So when something random or odd happens instead of writing a whole blog post or dairy entry I just jot down a note with the date! So I don’t know how many I actually have but here are some!  ( I tend to use “you” I don’t know why..I just do!)

·         Being talked to by random school girls on the train “very cute”

·         Understanding something someone says…Surprisingly!

·         The awkward moment in class when the teacher has finished teaching and its dead silent, and he makes an announcement…and you give him a questioning look and he just smiles at you and other girls notice the smile! J

·         Guys playing with their hair (not a bad thing just not what you see in the New York) and this includes teachers! J

·         Being said “Hi” to by a random school guy in a train station!

·         Getting a 100 on an English test (for the first time here in Japan!)

·         People texting during class, but there phone is in their lap and then they look up laughing…yeah just a bit obvious! :P

·         Being included in class, like you are just a normal student!! J <3

Next week is Exam week luckily for me I only have to take English reading, Grammar, and Math 1, and forgot plus my Japanese tutors are giving me tests too!! :) Wish me luck!! 

Okay so that is it for now!! Hope you enjoyed sorry it was short and I’ve not posted in a while! I’ll try to write soon!
Sarah A. Cook

6 comments:

  1. Love the random thoughts. <3 Glad you are past the worst of the homesickness and looking forward to a nice new host family. Good luck on your tests and just do the best that you can! :) Love ya Mucho Grande!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Sarah! Best of luck on your tests coming up. Midnight & I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long or short your stories are interesting.Also the random thoughts..keep 'em coming when you can. Enjoy the classes and
    tests, we know you do your best. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! My name is Karyn, I grew up in Oneonta, my mother told me about your column in the Cooperstown Crier. I was a Rotary Exchange Student in 1998 to Denmark. I am married now to an officer in the US Army. We are living on Okinawa with our three little boys. I would like for you to email me at my gmail account if it is okay with your parents. photosbykaryn@gmail.com. I had an amazing experience as an exchange student and was able to travel and visit many places in Europe. We would like to host you here on Okinawa if you are able to travel within Japan. I can tell you much more personal information and give your mother contact information for my parents via email or feel free to give your parents my email address and I can contact them directly. I hope you are getting settled in Kobe and enjoying your exchange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI!! Its nice to hear from you! Wow! I'm glad people actually read my articles! :) Wow! That is awesome! I lvoe connecting with past exchange students! Thank you for the offer and the thought of hosting me but with rotarys rules I cannot live else where than where I am! I'm sorry but thank you for the thoughts...I would still llove to tlak with you..I don't know if you have a facebook but that tends to be the easiest way of communication but if not emial works...! I love it here! Thanks you so much! I hope we can talk! :) Thanks,
      Sarah

      Delete
  5. Sarah, You can look me up on Facebook as Karyn Kuniyuki.

    ReplyDelete