Saturday, September 14, 2013

You can NEVER stop being an exchange student


9月13日2013

             You can NEVER stop being an exchange student.  You're questioned so often, pushed to retell something that is so painful to recall, but the thing that takes over your life at this point and time.  Everything you learned on Exchange comes back. It hurts so much constantly like a nagging in your brain or a huge hole in your heart.   You get your highs and your lows all the time.  You go to school, but immediately once it's over the nagging comes back, you cry because you can't think of anything to write about except for your exchange.  No one sees the hurt, no one feels the pain, the nagging and the longing to go back, except for you.  You can't figure out how you'll make it in a small town.  You long for old friends, people that understand you.  People you could joke around with, hug, laugh, cry, fight with but know that they would always be there for you because it was only you guys.  Coming home makes nothing easier, its harder, and worse than leaving.  But, no one knows that....except one person....you.

No matter how hard you try 
you will never stop being an exchange student,
It was embedded in our hearts and will never leave.


"Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it"
~Taylor Swift~ All too Well

Except I'm not trying to find my old self...I'm trying to figure out my new one.


I Love my exchange, I love being an exchange student, but coming home is hard, people need to realize it won't be easy, for all exchange students who come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment