Friday, August 31, 2012

My first letter home....

Although this is a blog...I have started to write what I call letters home.... Yes this is for my family but for my friends as well to read and maybe see a piece of me you havent before seen!
Love you all!
Dearest family,

As I am writing this….I am reflecting on my first week here in Japan.  I’ve realized how much I really did chat…I now know that I shouldn’t have. Although I love you guys very much…it is not need.  This is my time to shine, my time to grow, and become more independent and in order to do that I need to stop chatting.  Thank you mom for telling me that!   Mom you are my hero…my knight in Shining armor.  Dad you hav0e been always there for me, thank you, even with our tough times I love you and have worked hard to not pick a fight with you.  Aimee, I love you soo much!   You have been a wonderful sister.  You have been there for me and when I come home or even now I will always be here for you, I know before when I was home I got annoyed when you talked to me, but you need to talk just like I do.  I hope you gain your voice while I am gone! When I come back we are going to be swinging at Cooperstown thinking about how amazing the wind feels through our hair just like 2 little girls! J Thank you everyone for always being there for me…for dealing with my tough times and my overly happy times! J I love you guys.  I know you will always be there when the people I called friends leave me, I know I can always come to you if I had an issue at school and I know you will help me solve it! I thank you guys so much! You have paved my path for my future and not in a bad way, you have showed me discipline you have questioned my outfits, and even though I was mad at you for talking to me about how what would the adults think, I love you for doing that! You have made me think twice on some of my decisions that could have been disastrous! Thank you! <3   In the weeks to come, I plan to grow in my own strength, stop my addiction to Facebook, make some true friends at school and write more letters home!  Yes mom you were right a novel will be written while I am here! J A novel for you, my family,  of all my adventures and times of trouble.  Though you are the first I am writing to, this will be for all of my family back in New York! Love Forever and Always!

Yours truly,

Sarah Adele Cook <3

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Spread your wings and fly my dear! Have a beautiful year ahead! Vaya con Dios!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mom for all your support! :) I love you and the rest of my family soo much! :)
      God Bless and love,
      Sarah Adele

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful piece of writing. You will grow in so many ways this year. Enjoy this opportunity, make the most of it and you will always make us proud. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I am starting to write poetry again...maybe I'll put some in! It is not my best, but, anyways thank you! :) I love you all And thank you for the comments! :)

      Delete
  3. Sarah, I just read your letter in the Cooperstown Crier! Have a wonderful year--I will check your blog often to see how you are doing!
    Mrs. Rhonda King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan on posting soon, before I start sports...more on why I will have very little time later....I'm glad to know people read it. This has been a challenge but, I am getting used to it!

      Delete