Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Tribute and Homesickness!


January 5, 2013

So, I don’t know how many remember the times when we were younger and would stay the night over at friends’ houses?!  Well having a younger sister I’ve seen them crying that they “want to go home”, they miss their mamas!
          Well for me that’s what homesickness is like but ten times worse!  I’ve cried myself to sleep for the second night.  I’m not sure I love my new host family, like at first its like a fairy tale then reality hits and its different!  I want to like them soo badly but for some reason I just don’t as much as my last host family!  I’ve been pretty homesick recently, and that doesn’t help with my family problem, and when I cry myself  to sleep, I whisper “I wish my mom was here, and telling me everything is okay, and hugging me!”  I miss her soo much!!   I knew one of the hardest parts of going abroad for me would be, being away from my m, she has been my role model and has been there for me!  We are so close and I want to say Thank you to her!! I really do say I wish my mom was here, like the girls at the sleepovers when they are scared.  The only difference is that they can see their moms that night if they go home or in the morning when they are picked up.  For me I have to wait until the end of July before I can run and jump in my moms’ arms!!  Although I can see her I Skype it is not the same as a physical hug.  I miss everyone so much but I miss my mom in particular.  I’m praying for things to work out with this family.  But in the meantime, I LOVE YOU MOM!! So much thanks you for always supporting me in everything I have ever done and will do, and for always believing in me.  Until that day that I can run up to you and hug you for real I will keep missing you! I can’t wait for that day in end of July!! Thank you everyone for your support!  So tonights post is a tribute to my Mom!! Love you!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sarah. I am so very proud of you and I know that you can do this! As difficult as it is at times, please know that you are with us in thoughts and prayers and that these times will pass soon enough. Rise up to the challenges, as you have done in the past. You are a beautiful, strong young lady. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I love you too! I miss you a ton! I wish I could just hug you soo many times!

      Delete