Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Journey!

            I am in the middle of my rotary journey.  I started in early October and have finally been accepted and know where I, Sarah Cook, will spend the next year of my life! I started at my local level. Then having heard from the local district that I was accepted I started filling out my final application.  This was an extremely long application.  Rotary had a Christmas party and all of the acceptance came and joined in in the end.  We talked and talked,  finally the meeting was called,  we all took our seats on the bleachers.  My mom, my dad, and I all sitting waiting, for the  next hint of my next year.  This journey is like a treasure hunt!  You never know where you will end up and what your final outcome will be.  We sat and waited and waited.  Finally, They started naming the countries and who would be going where.  They called everyone of my choices except Japan! I finally knew when they said my name that I would be going to Japan.  For a whole year I would be placing myself in a new culture and a new place everyday! I knew this would be hard but the holidays and the time to think made it more hard! There are two others besides me who are going to Japan! Yay new friends! :)  Well Ill close for now and continue in another post! Hope everyone had a lovely Holiday!,
Sarah A. Cook <>< 

No comments:

Post a Comment